Hello! This blog is about my daughter Hailey (currently 12 years old) and her experiences living with auditory processing disorder. Auditory Processing Disorder is Hailey's primary issue, however she has also been given the labels Sensory Processing Disorder, Dyslexia, Visual Processing Disorder, Mixed Expressive Receptive Language Disorder and Phonology Disorder at various points in her life.

Friday, April 26, 2013

"You tell me a story...." A poem by a 17 year old with Auditory Processing Disorder

I posted this on my webpage today, but then I realized that I would love to have it here, directly on the blog as well. (Sometimes I just post little snippets of things on the webpage directly, so if you haven't found us on Facebook, check out the link in the left-hand margins of this page.)

This is a lovely poem written by a 17 year old.  Her mother shared it in one of our support groups and I was so excited about it, I got permission to share it right away. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.


"You tell me a story
But all I hear is a sentence
You tell me how you feel
But all I see is an expression
You tell me where to go
But all I see is a pointing finger
You tell me a secret
But it's already forgotten
You tell me what to do
But all I hear is confusion
I'm not one for gossip
I don't like the rumours
I'm not one for playing instruments
The music only runs through me
I'm not one for socializing
Although I like to see you smile
I'm not one for jokes
But I'll laugh with you
I'm not one to listen
But at least I tried"

By: Amy Feltham

No comments:

Post a Comment